Saturday, March 26, 2011
I-YEL's 1st ever youth summit "BACKYARD BOUND" was a huge success! We want to thank all the organizations and participants who came out for a fun and powerful experience!
- Landpath’s Bayer Farm, Santa Rosa
- Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front National Historic Park , Richmond
- Sequoia High School , Redwood City
- Linking Individuals to the Natural Communities (LINC), San Francisco
- GO; Get Outdoors, Fremont
- The Ever Forward Club, Oakland
- Literacy for Environmental Justice (LEJ), San Francisco
- Watersheds Inspiring Student Education (Project Wise), San Francisco
- Students from Wallenberg, Balboa, Academy High School (individual sign-ups)
We also want to thank all the organizations for the support!
National Park Service,
Bay Area Wilderness Training,
Presidio Community YMCA
Pacific Leadership Institute,
And a HUGE thank you for all the Crissy Field Center, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, Presidio Trust, and National Park Service Staff who came out to help.
More updates, pictures, and I-YEL intern reaction coming SOON!
*" I-YEL would like to apologize for last weekend’s rain storm. It is our understanding that the sun did not come out, out of fear that it would have been out SHINED!" ~ Jacky Lu
~ The I-YEL Team